POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION TREATMENT
January 8, 2015
I love my baby, why do I feel so low and exhausted?
Naturopathic treatment of Postpartum Depression requires special care; it also affects the health of the baby. Our pre- and post-delivery are preventative and give the fastest relief. And the good news is treatments have no side effects for you or the baby!
You’ve just given birth. This is supposed to be a happy time, why do you feel blue?
You’re not alone. 80% percent of new mothers experience an emotional burn out, “the Baby blues”. It begins a few days to a week after delivery. Generally it lasts no longer than 10 days to two weeks tops.
More 60 percent of those woman the feelings resolves after getting rest and a helping hand. a good loving family to support and give her the space she needs with her baby to bond. After that she has gained enough reserves to sustain the baby as happy as she had ever been and even more.
Consider the following facts
- Postpartum depression can begin as early as two weeks after you give birth. 20% of woman get it.
- It can take up to two months to diagnose. by then the mother child relationship has deteriorated.
- medical doctors will prescribe Antidepressants to almost all woman woman who visit them complaining of low mood any time two weeks after pregnancy.
- Almost 1 out of every 10 Canadian takes an Antidepressant prescription.
- Canada ranks 3rd in SSRI use. ONE OUT OF EVERY 60 CANADIAN IS TAKING SOME KIND OF ANTIDEPRESSANT.
- Antidepressant use in the first months after pregnancy and while breast feeding is associated with higher incidents of Autism.
- 60 of those beginning on an Antidepressant medication get relapse and will need the medication often taking the medication long term.
- these medications are at most studied for 6 to 8 weeks,.
- long term studies are far few and in between and are simply for side effects
- Side effects are numeriouse
- Often hidden such as energy changes or hormonal changes
OUR Naturopathic Integrative plan includes
a 4 hr appointment time
3 functional testing
2 months nutritional supplementation included
Therapeutic diet researched indexed (index picturRes)
6 basic nutritional consideration for your age group and your medical history of last 12 months
1 hr husband home support coaching
WHY SUCH A COMPREHENSIVE APPROCH?
- BEACUSE The process of pregnancy can put an added stress on the mother’s body and her nutrient reserves. Levels of Trace minerals such as Iron; Magnesium; Postpartum and; Zinc have been shown to be reduced after delivery. All of these affect mood.
- Elevation of Cupper, another trace mineral can also block neurotransmitter changes in some woman. it directly affects serotonin even at sub-clinical changes.
- Your child’s happiness is dependent on the paternal imput, above all factors.
- your child success is depended on his happiness index
- and because there is no better feeling that healing your self naturally.
Naturally You CAN!