June 8, 2015
A Comprehensive Approach to ADHD Testing and Treatment:
At IMH Naturopathic clinic we use psychological assessment tools along with and biomedical testing, and quantitative electroencephalograms to diagnosis ADHD, its severity, and subtypes.
We then use medication free treatments for ADHD that are guided by the most recent scientific understanding of the disorder.
Consider the following facts:
- Conventional treatments, including prescription stimulants and amphetamines such as Ritalin and Dexedrine, have many side effects. Meanwhile, the prevalence of ADHD has increased by over 40% in the past decade with 7% children and adults now being diagnosed!
- Loreta neurofeedback is listed rated “best practice” intervention for ADHD by Practicewise, the research body of the American Pediatric Association.
- Undiagnosed adult ADHD is on the rise and a recent meta-analysis documented a significant statistical association between mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Emotional dysregulation is often the hallmark of ADHD
- There is a big gap between drug therapy and scientific literature:
At our naturopathic clinic, prudence is our guiding philosophy. Our biomedical and functional testing, along with attention to diet, and lifestyle habits, bridge the common gap between scientific findings and integrative treatments. We pinpoint the exact changes in the gut flora, investigate the nutritional deficiencies and excesses, and measures the brain’s electrical activity, and help you take control of your thoughts and feelings.